Alright, one last post for the week...
I've been playing around with more intense colours lately, turning to the internal Velvia simulation on both the X100S and X-Pro1. I do it in very specific circumstances as I tend to favour slightly more muted tones but it's fun when the light is right, as it was in some of the images at the end of this post.
Now, about those few tidbits:
- If you haven't done so already check out Paul Pride's new KAGE COLLECTIVE essay entitled SPRAY. Wonderful images coupled to a great story. And in the midst of all this X100S hoopla (of which I'm guilty as charged) a good reminder of the X100's ability to hold its own.
- Speaking of the X100S: firmware update 1.0.2 is out. The official fix is minor but my buddy Rob Boyer swears it cured his AF problems. I'm seeing the same great performance but perhaps there's something to it in specific cases. Certainly can't hurt to update; Fuji's track record on firmware is pretty stellar in my book.
- Tony Bridge has a great first look at the upcoming Fujinon 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS zoom lens. I've been eagerly anticipating this lens and it looks like another winner.
- If you're interested in my inner workings (!) or, more importantly, care for a sneak peek at what may be an upcoming Kage Collective essay, check out my interview on VSCO Journal. And just to reiterate: those animals are happy, most of them roam free and this farm is NOT an assembly line operation owned by an evil conglomerate. So easy to spew nonsense these days...
- Another great X100S review, this time from UK photographer Kevin Mullins. Beautiful work as always.
Living Colour images below. Have a great weekend guys :)